– Rep. Jim Rigby (R-Cambria/Somerset) announced today that 19 fire and ambulance companies in the 71st District will receive $282,185 in grants from the Fire Company and Volunteer Ambulance Service Grant Program.
This funding from the Fire Company and Volunteer Ambulance Service Grant Program can be used in several ways, including construction or renovation of a company’s station, the purchase or repair of equipment, training or debt reduction.
“As our emergency responders across the Commonwealth struggle to remain viable as costs rise and the number of volunteers dwindles, this funding is critical. Each dollar dedicated to fire and ambulance companies makes a real difference to the safety of our communities in the 71st District,” Rigby said.
Scalp Level Paint Borough Volunteer Fire Department, the only grant recipient in the portion of Somerset County located in the 71st District, received $26,311.36.
The following Cambria County fire and EMS companies in the 71st District received grants:
• Adams Township Volunteer Fire Co. 2: $13,986.70.
• Adams Township Volunteer Fire Co. Dunlo No. 1: $12,997.11.
• City of Johnstown Fire Department: $14,811.36.
• Cover Hill Volunteer Fire Co.: $14,646.43.
• Dale Boro Fire Co.: $12,502.32.
• East Hills Ambulance Association Inc. (EMS): $7,155.22.
• Franklin Borough Volunteer Fire Co.: $13,986.70.
• Oakland Volunteer Fire Co.: $26,311.36.
• Richland Township Volunteer Fire Association: $26,311.36.
• Riverside Volunteer Fire Co.: $12,172.45.
• Riverside Volunteer Fire Company (EMS): $7,155.22.
• Seventh Ward Civic Association (EMS): $6,404.13.
• South Fork Volunteer Fire Company No. 1: $12,337.38.
• Southmont Volunteer Fire Co.: $14,811.36.
• Summerhill Borough Volunteer Fire Co.: $13,821.77.
• Summerhill Township Volunteer Fire Co.: $12,997.11.
• West Hills Regional Fire Department (EMS): $7,155.22.
• West Hills Regional Fire Department: $26,311.36.
All funding comes from state gaming proceeds, and not General Fund tax revenue.
Grant recipients must submit their signed grant agreements to the Office of State Fire Commissioner by the end of May to ensure sufficient time to process payment.
Representative Jim Rigby
71st Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Alison Evans